The Faith & Reason Forum is a monthly gathering of Christians, seekers, and questioners interested in pursuing the understanding of Truth.
We take a decidedly scholarly approach to deepen our understanding of God, Christ, the Bible, Ourselves, and Reality. We are not your typical Bible study.
We are located in South Forsyth county, Georgia.
We typically meet the second Thursday of every month from 7-9 PM.
All are welcome!
Our next meeting will be held on:
Thursday, September 10, 7-9 PM
Located at: Online Live Zoom Meeting
Click Here to Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 452 973 2466, Password: 764382
Our topic will be:
Decision Making & the Will of God
Many evangelicals have been reared to seek God’s unique, individual direction through fervent “listening” prayer hopefully producing answers via God’s “still, small voice.” The concept seems to be an almost necessary component of the Christian life. But does the Bible teach such a thing ought to be the expected norm? Does God have an individual will for your life that He wants to disclose to you if you would just seek Him? God certainly communicated answers and specific direction to some followers in the Bible. Does He still do so today? If so, what must we do to hear His voice? Or, is there an alternative Biblical framework altogether?
Our speaker will be:
Some potential future areas of study include:
– Inspiration, Inerrancy, & Hermeneutics
– General Revelation & Natural Theology
– Are Moral Values & Duties Objective?
– Diverse Models of the Atonement
– Faith & Science
– Epistemology, Warrrant, & Skepticism
– Theodicy: The Problem of Evil
– God’s Sovereignty & Human Freedom
– The Fall & Original Sin
– Hell: Is It Fair?
– Christian Exclusivism
– Is Genesis 1-11 Historical or Mythology-Historical?
– The Recognition of the Canon & the Preservation of the Scriptures (January 9, 2020)
– The Verbal Plenary View of the Inspiration of Scripture (December 12, 2019)
– Various Models of the Inspiration of Scripture (November 14, 2019)
– Apologetics Conference Review (October 10, 2019)
– A History of the Debate Over the Inerrancy of Scripture (September 12, 2019)